Language Services for Multilingual Internationals in the PSU Community
EPPIC offers advanced English language and culture support services for multilingual international students, post-docs, visiting scholars, and faculty across the Penn State community. These services include: Workshops, customized presentations, intercultural conversation groups, and tutoring that focus on multiple academic communication skills in written and spoken English, such as:
- Delivering effective oral presentations
- Writing effective academic and professional e-mails
- Mastering small talk strategies to connect with peers, faculty, and fellow professionals
- Understanding academic citation conventions & avoiding plagiarism
- Teaching in U.S. classroom culture: handling lectures, questions, and classroom discussions
Most EPPIC programs are designed for degree-level students with high academic English proficiency. While visiting scholars are welcome to audit any EPPIC session, they should be advised that the content and activities may not be the right fit for them. Beginning this semester, EPPIC offers a new workshop series designed with the particular needs of visiting scholars in mind. We encourage all visiting scholars at Penn State to register for as many of these special workshops as possible.
For more information about EPPIC program schedules and registration information for Spring 2017, please click here.
Services for PSU Administrators, Faculty and Advisers
Services in language assessment, customized workshop design, and consultation about best practices in working with internationals are offered by EPPIC to PSU administrators, faculty and advisers.
- Refer international students to EPPIC's language support services
- Attend workshops on best practices for providing support to international students
- Request specialized consultations on language and culture issues
Program administrators and faculty can:
- Consult our current schedule of services for multilingual internationals at Penn State
- Attend workshops for faculty on best practices for teaching international students
- Request customized services for orientation programming, language assessment, and intercultural communication that are tailored to the needs of your program
- Click here to learn more